Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Making money in a bad economy

How do you survive in this financial crisis, you may be asking? Have you been laid off, lost your job, downsized, or just fired? Before I share with you the secret to making money even during hard times, I would like to share this story with you. Last week, I went to the doctor for my annual checkup. Before I went into the doctor, the nurse took my weight, temperature and settled me in an empty room for the doctor. While she was doing the preparation, we began to talk and the topic went to the financial crisis.

She loved to talk and really wanted to vent to someone so I listened. I started explaining to her about no load mutual funds, what FDIC meant and index funds. She looked at me with a blank stare and I realized that she was really very scared. She then asked if I could take a look at her investments. She had an appointment with her financial guy that evening and had it in her car. She almost catapulted to her car to get it and I could see the fear in her eyes. She did not even wait for me to tell her that I did not know everything.

The fact is that people will do anything when they are in a financial crisis and fear is what drives them. The pain of losing years of retirement fund or losing a job in this economy is too much for most people to deal with. People will share their life’s story and their financial situation with you to see if you can help them.

I am telling you this story to share that others are going through a lot too. It is not just you. I, too, am concerned about my financial portfolio and the stock market conditions. However – I am not as anxious as a lot of people are. If you really pay attention to what I am about to tell you, you will understand why. What may keep me from being so worried is because I know that I can always sell something and as long as I have a computer and the Internet, I have the peace of mind that I will be OK.

If you know how to sell and don’t mind being a salesperson, then you will always be on top. We are all into sales. When you go to the movie and you recommend it to someone, you are selling, even though you are not being paid. Selling is just passing on the word to someone about a product or service. If you look at it that way, you won’t be scared of selling. If you are at the point, where you want to put food on the table, be able to pay your mortgage or rent and sleep good at night, then the act of selling is your answer.

“But I can’t sell!” And I hate selling! You better get out of that mindset. I understand what you are saying and believe me, I felt like you did once, but I began to look at it as just a recommendation instead of a sale. “What am I going to sell?” The answer to that question is easy. You don’t have to open up a store and create unwarranted expenses. You can own your online business by selling other people’s product or service.

This is called affiliate marketing. You earn affiliate marketing commissions by referring or recommending a product that someone is searching for. In other words, you are the middle man and you are giving people what they want. If you do this, then you can survive the financial crisis and be able to get through these tough times. No matter what times, we are in, people will still buy. On the Internet, you have access to a global market. You will be in control of your life when you own your own online business.

You may not be able to control the stock market, but you can control how you market your business. If you are going to make it through this financial turmoil, you have to take a different approach and embrace the power of selling online. Here are some examples of making money online with affiliate marketing. You can begin right this moment:

  • Private Label Rights Products

— Use private label products to make easy money. How do you get these private label products? You can get them at http://tinyurl.com/vaultaccess and rewrite them, brand them, split them up into articles, ecourses and reports.

  • Learn how a single mother earned $1,041 per month

— If this single mother can earn $1,041 per month with one web page, think of what you can do with five? You can survive the stock market by using Michael Cheney’s Golden Thread method as this mom used to begin earning money from home.

  • Proven Money Siphon System

The Money Siphon System will show you how to dominate Markets, destroy competition and have everyone else begging you to let up! You will also learn how you can make a name for yourself online and be the one everyone respects and seeks to follow!

— When you do find an affiliate product that you want to promote, driving traffic to your blog is the next step. You can also get your own domain, but until you do a blog is fine to start. Google Wealth Maker is software that grabs targeted traffic from the search engines and brings them to you.

You cannot live in fear. You have to take action. You will never experience change, if you don’t do something different. If you keep doing the same things day in and day out, you will have the same results. Change your perception about life. Don’t depend on the government to help you. You have to help yourself. Take full charge of your life and don’t dig yourself deeper into financial depression. You can do anything you set your mind to do – anything!

No comments: